Happy New Year
January 2022 has arrived and bringing with it a very wet and windy month to start the New Year!! However the bad weather has not dampened our spirits here at Archangel Michael Hospice and we have taken some time to reflect on what has been achieved, with your amazing help and support, during 2021 which was once again a very difficult and challenging year financially.
We would like to send our heartfelt thanks to you all for your kindness and generosity in ensuring that we have been able to continue to provide the expert care and love to our patients and their families whilst also maintaining a virus free medical facility during the Covid Pandemic.
Our state of the art hospice has been open since July 2015, has nine spacious bedrooms and offers palliative and respite care to all those in need. This is regardless of nationality, race, religion or nature of illness. It is also the only facility on the Island designed to offer palliative care to children.
The pictures below show the bright and cheerful room which has been specifically designed here at the hospice for children in need of palliative care
Archangel Michael Hospice provides a vital service to the community not only in Paphos but throughout the Island of Cyprus and every year the hospice needs to raise around €300,000 to continue to provide this expert palliative, end of life and respite care.
With your help we can achieve this goal and raise the required funds for this year.
With this in mind below are just a few ideas of ways to raise funds and help Archangel Michael Hospice-:
- Arrange a coffee morning – Arrange for your friends and family to join you with everyone who attends giving a donation.
- Sponsored silence – This is really great for all you parents out there!!
- A swear box – every home should have one!!
- This is the ideal time of year, especially with the current weather, to start and de-clutter your home and head down to the ‘Saint Michael Charity Shops’ with all those no longer needed items
- Quiz Night – This is a great fun night with your friends and family either together or remotely. Each entry can make a donation to the hospice.
- Donate your birthday – Invite your friends and family to make a donation to the hospice as your gift this year.
You will have many other exciting ideas of your own to raise funds and we would love to hear from you as to how you will be raising some much needed funds for the hospice.
We would also like to take this opportunity to welcome to our team Chrysoulla Achilleos who is responsible for cleaning and housekeeping.
Here at Archangel Michael Hospice we take very seriously the rules and regulations regarding cleaning and disinfecting. We can assure our patients and their families that one of our main goals is to ensure the hospice is kept clean and disinfected at all times to ensure the good health of our patients, their family, our staff and volunteers.
Finally we would like once again to send our grateful thanks to everyone who has given their help and support over the last year however we are still facing an ongoing financial funding crisis.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Please make a donation today to help us to continue to provide these vital services. Any Donation large or small is gratefully received.
Take care & stay safe.
Don’t forget to see more about our activities on our Facebook page