Did you know?
Archangel Michael Hospice in addition to their Management and Administration team. Are fully staffed with qualified and registered Nurses who are led by our Medical Director – Doctor Natasa Mala. All of which are fully supported by a team of trained volunteers. Furthermore, the Hospice is supported by generous benefactors, fundraisers, 120 volunteers and 6 charity shops.
During 2019 the Hospice provided 1474 nights of palliative or respite love and care. Additionally in 2019, the Hospice facilitated the equivalent of 3,840 hours of outpatient support care to persons with special needs. Whilst also providing facilities for cancer patients requiring blood transfusions.
“Adding life to days, when days can no longer be added to life”
It is extremely challenging to keep a public record online of everyone that has supported Archangel Michael Hospice. We regularly update Facebook, and now Instagram, with our grateful appreciation. Nevertheless, older Facebook posts are hard to navigate.
With that in mind, we created this page to thank some of the many, many people and organizations that have generously provided gifts of time, money and kindness helping the hospice. But where do we begin?
Firstly, we would like to thank Archangel Michael Hospice trustees who have since the hospice opened its doors in 2015 been unstinting with their dedication and support.
Doctor Natasa Mala who volunteers all her services free of charge here at the Hospice.
We are grateful also to you, the many volunteers who work in and for the hospice caring for our patients. You give up your time on a daily, weekly, monthly basis always thinking only of the people that are in need of your care.
Similarly to our amazing professional team of nurses. For your love and care to all those in need.
We wish to thank St Michael’s Hospice charity. It’s trustees and its many shop volunteers. For the hundreds of thousands, you raise regularly from your shops and fundraising events. We are aware that you all work so hard and give up your free time in support of the hospice which is always gratefully appreciated.
Father Jim & “The Latin Parish Community” who has been a constant support. Not only helping to raise funds for the building of the Hospice but in maintaining it.
A big thank you to Father Stylianos Sofocleous for helping and supporting our centre in every possible way and for the love and care you give to the patients.
The “Archangel Fundraising Ladies” for all their hard work and support in raising funds for the Hospice.
It was also truly humbling that in 2019 even a child donated her toys to the Hospice. In order that they could be used by other children who stay or visit.
Thank you all so much for all your kindness humanity, and all the support you have given to Archangel Michael Hospice patients.
In addition below is just a sample of “thank you’s”. Which are mainly from our Facebook posts going back only 12 months.
- Father Carlos Chairman of the Hospice Trustees and Steven Gannon Trustee of the Hospice using the A.M.H new security system. Thanks for all the supporters that donated and worked hard towards the system installation! Special thanks go to Fiona and Peter Howard and Karen Skinner.
- Thank you for all your support! P.O.R.C Horse racing Event raised 300 euros donation for Archangel Michael Hospice!!! The event took place at the Stonelion Taverna.
- Thanks to everyone who donated to the Hospice last year, without your generosity we could not achieve what we have.
- Fitzgerald Real Estate and Paphos HomeMarket for their continued support. In addition, all of the local schools thank you.
- Local MP’s and Ministry Officials.
- Ευχαριστούμε θερμά την Επαρχιακή επιτροπή ΔΗΚΟ Πάφου για την οικονομική στήριξη προς το Κέντρο μας, αυτές τις γιορτινές μέρες! Γιώργος Γεωργίου – Πρόεδρος. Ανθή Λεωνίδου Στρόππου – Πρόεδρος ΓΟΔΗΚ.
- Thank you for your donation from DEKO Paphos!
- Φέτος επι ευκαιρία των εορτών, η Επαρχιακή Επιτροπή ΠΕΟ Πάφου αποφάσισε να στηρίξει το Κέντρο Ανακουφιστικής φροντίδας ”Αρχάγγελος Μιχαήλ” με το ποσό των 500 ευρώ, από την Χριστουγεννιάτικη γιορτή των παιδιών των μελών τους, αποφάσισαν να μην δωθούν δώρα και να γίνουν εισφορές σε φιλανθρωπικά ιδρύματα. Ευχαριστούμε θερμά και ιδιαίτερα τους κ. Νεόφυτο Άσσο Επαρχιακό Γραμματέα ΠΕΟ, κ. Κωστάκη Θεοδώρου & Νίκο Σαββίδη Μέλη Γραμματείας ΠΕΟ.
- Thank you to PEO for supporting the hospice. Received from Neophytos Asos, Costakis Theodorou and Nikos Savvides a generous donation of 500 euros.
Father Stylianos, the Honorable Governor of Paphos and Mary Lambrou for their ongoing support.
- The Royal Artemis coffee morning in support of CPSG and kindly donated €300 in aid of the New Security System to be installed next week.
- Archangel Michael Hospice has now finished all of our fundraising events for this year. Our “Annual Christmas Bazaar” brought it to a resounding successful end. We would like to thank all the wonderful people who have helped. Not only to make the bazaar such a special occasion. But who has continued throughout the year to give their support. It is greatly appreciated.
- Archangel Michael Hospice would like to send our grateful thanks to Jackie Adams from the “Wool & What Knot” in Polis. Jackie held a hamper draw on Monday 9th December to raise funds for Archangel Michael Hospice. Jackie, thank you! We really appreciate your support.
- Thank you, Nick (from Latchi Harbour Market) for collecting coins for Archangel Michael Hospice!!
- Thank you, Blevins Franks, for sponsoring the Christmas Bazaar every year and the Christmas Bus trip!!
- Paphos Zingers singing for the AMH patients in their rooms!! Thank you Zingers. You are the best!!!!!!
- Homemade mince pies by Anne Gannon: Thank you, Anne! We heard they were scrumptious!
- Sue Carroll A big thank you to Georgia Prodromou, Mike and Patsy, Lydia and Pete and last but not least Angie Woodcock Oliver for the goodies they gave for the hospice Christmas fair!
- The Christmas shopping bus for supporting the hospice. Blevins Franks, for sponsoring the trip every year, Thank you!
- To the Tartan Army for the great event last night and all their support – Thank you!
- Thank you to all the ladies that participated in today’s event. Thank you to Renos Georgiou Hospice Physiotherapist, father Stylianos Sofokleous and Dr. Spyros Frouchtides
- Θα θέλαμε να ευχαριστήσουμε την Pat Heaps για άλλη μια φορά, η οποία ετοίμασε τις διακοσμητικές μπάλες ”Guardian Angels” για το Κέντρο μας! Μπορείτε να τις βρείτε στην Reception του Κέντρου, με εισφορά 5 ευρώ.
- Archangel Michael Hospice would like to send grateful thanks to Pat Heaps for once again bringing us some of her wonderful “Guardian Angel Decorations “which are now on display at the hospice.
- Thank you to our UK fundraiser John Kearns who raised a wonderful amount of 1600 Euro for the Hospice and for your continued help and support.
- Thank you to Nigel Hartley CEO of Mountbatten Group and his team for the hospitality, support and training we are looking forward to your next visit in Cyprus!!!
- Archangel Michael Hospice would like to send a special thank you and congratulations to Triona Martin Andronike from Glow & Grow Essences. Triona who is also the Hospice resident Counsellor & Therapy Practitioner as well as the Volunteer Liaison Officer, set herself a target 10 months ago to raise €5000 for the Hospice and has now reached an amazing €1000 from donations for her essences as well as from her one to one healing work.
- Thank you to the AMH Volunteers!!
- Preparations already started for today’s ”Afternoon tea on the balcony.” Thank you to Fiona and Karen for all the hard work!!
- Fiona Howard and Karen Skinner. They deserve a medal, thank you for all your hard work ladies
A large choice of toys is now available to children, patients and visitors from the generous donation to the hospice by Andrea, one of our younger supporters.
- HELEN CHARLES SALON HAIR SHOW – 21/07/19: We would like to thank everyone who made our hair show a fabulous success. To everyone who showed their support.
- Thank you to Polycarpos Philippou & Associates LLC for the donation of two brand new wheelchairs!!
- Από την χθεσινή επίσκεψη του Cyprus-Russian Association of Pafos στο Κέντρο Ανακουφιστικής φροντίδας.Σας ευχαριστούμε για όλα!
- We would like to thank the President of the Association Olga Konstantin and Member of the board of Directors Maxim Vasilkov for visiting the Hospice yesterday and for their continued support!
- Lesley Dennis knitted items for children and adults, plus made reduced sugar marmalade… Thank you, Lesley!
- 415 euros Charity donation from Catherine Tonks & Dionysis Lodge, money raised from Ladies festival held on Saturday 30th March 2019. Thank you
- Στα πλαίσια του φιλανθρωπικού και κοινωνικού έργου της ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗΣ ΤΡΑΠΕΖΑΣ, έχει παραδοθεί στις 15/03/2019 επιταγή €1,099 στο Κέντρο Ανακουφιστικής φροντίδας «Αρχάγγελος Μιχαήλ» Πάφου.
- Η πρωτοβουλία ανήκει στην επαρχιακή επιτροπή εκδηλώσεων της Ελληνικής Τράπεζας στην Πάφο και το ποσό έχει προέλθει από την φιλανθρωπική εκδήλωση -προβολή ταινίας- η οποία πραγματοποιήθηκε στο K- Cineplex Πάφου στις 19 Φεβρουαρίου 2019.
- We would like to thank the HELLENIC BANK – Paphos Events Com.
- CYPRUS SPURS SUPPORTERS CLUB supporting AMH. Thank you for the donation of 1200 euros.
Finally, we realize that there are so many people and organizations that we have been unable to thank personally in this message. However, we appreciate your kindness and generosity always. Furthermore, we wish to send you all our grateful thanks for your continued support of Archangel Michael Hospice.
Don’t forget to see more about our activities on our Facebook page
And visit our webpage on https://www.archangel-michael-hospice.com/